10/2/13

LIVING IN LONDON TOWN

london 7
london 3
london 6
london 8
london 9
LOL at Logan's teeth
                  london 11
london 10
The view from the top of St. Paul's Cathedral
Holy cow you guys!! I can't believe I've already been living in London for over a week! Time flies... I've been in Europe for almost a month... it seems like I just got here 2 days ago.. but at the same time it feels like I've been here a year. Time is the weirdest thing, don't you agree?

Well all tangents aside, it's been a wonderful week and a half. The pictures above are just a small compilation of the things I've been up to. Last week was full of grocery shopping, running errands, starting school, and getting settled into our apartment. But of course we did manage to fit a few fun things in-between all the not-so-fun. We did a lovely tour as a group of St. Paul's (check out that view)! We also ate some DELICIOUS cookies, courtesy of Ben's Cookies. Anyone else besides me remember when we had one in Salt Lake?? Man I've missed that place. Probably not a good thing that it's just down the street from where we have class. Looks like I'll finally be gaining my freshman 15 in my junior year! But hey, the calories don't count when you're in Europe right??

One of my favorite things we did last week was go to see Wicked! London has this cool thing called Leicester Square (think Time Square in New York) where they have all their broadway plays (well, here they're called 'West End' plays, but same thing). I had never seen Wicked (or any professionally done play for that matter), and guys, I absolutely LOVED it. Not to mention we had AWESOME seats. They have this super cool thing here where you go to the theatre just an hour or two before the play and they give you the best available seats at student prices. So we got £70 seats for £29. STEAL!  So you can betcher bottom dollar that I'll be seeing a bunch of plays while I'm here. Phantom of the Opera is next on the list. 

We did also go to the Tower of London and saw the Crown Jewels. Like, hook me up with some of that bling?? Really it is unreal how elaborate they are.. No pictures allowed in there though so sorry...

Fun fact of the week: we currently have a furry friend that has decided to move in with us! Yes, my friends, we have a rat. It hasn't been sighted yet, but food has been eaten and yeah.. my roommates and I are all freaking out. We've got traps set up so let's pray we catch the little bugga! Gotta love city life right?? Yuck. 

Well, to leave you on a brighter note, here's a lovely little jam by The 1975, a British band I'm obsessed with. This has been my favorite song for like the past 5 months... So enjoy!
           

1 comment: