10/1/13

A LITTLE POST TO BRIGHTON YOUR DAY

brighton 2
brighton 5
brighton 4
brighton 7
This past weekend on our Friday off we ventured south to the beautiful seaside city of Brighton. We saw the unusual Brighton Royal Pavilion that is there, and man that thing is really nothing like anything else in England. Going there makes you feel like you are in China or India or some other exotic place! Besides visiting the palace we ate "the best fish and chips in Brighton", which lived up to it's name, met some lovely people, walked around the pier, and had an altogether lovely day!

We also made a stop at 'Monk's House' where Virigina Woolf lived and did much of her writing. We will be reading her novel Mrs. Dalloway for one of my classes so it was fun to see the setting where she received her inspiration. Her house was completely charming and the small town of Lewes where it was was an absolute dream. I’m moving back there one day, mark my words. 
VWs 1VWs 2
VWs 3
VWs 5
VWs 9
Why yes we did pick apples in Virginia's garden. And yes, I did stuff a few in my bag for later... 
VWs 8
A mix between a plum and an apple. I think it's the most beautiful fruit I've ever eaten!

4 comments: