10/16/13

EUROPE VS. THE USA

blog 1

Before coming here, I didn't realize how different Europe was from the US! I just figured, ya know, we're all on the same planet and we're both developed countries, how different can they REALLY be?? Ha! How naive I was. Cause I'll tell you, they're a lot different. Here are just a few of the things I've learned since being over here:

~ Nothing is free. And I mean nothing. The water, the bread on the table, sitting down in a restaurant, the bathrooms, the plastic bags at the grocery store.... yeah, we Americans are so spoiled because we don't have to pay for any of this stuff! 

~Men of all ages are not afraid to cat call you, make kissy faces at you, or even follow you in attempts to hopefully pick you up.

~Italy and France don't believe in peanut butter.. Oh sure, you can find one million brands of Nutella, but no peanut butter. Coming back to the UK and seeing that peanut butter on the grocery store shelf was one of the happiest moments of my life. Those French and Italians are CRAZY.

~The exchange rate sucks. Plain and simple. I'll pick up a shirt and say, "Oh my this shirt is only £50!" Except oh, wait thats $80... *sadly puts shirt back and sulks away*.

~Grocery stores do not have everything you need. For example: notebooks....Sharpies....superglue. Also the pharmacy is a completely different thing altogether. Like where the heck is Target when you need it??

~These people really don't believe in ice. I mean like, it's fine.. but honestly sometimes you really just need a diet coke with some big fat ice cubes. Is that too much to ask Europe? Is it??

~There is no tax! I'm so used to rounding up the price on everything, but here, when you look at a candy bar and it says £1, that actually means JUST £1! It's brilliant.

~The candy (chocolate) is sooooo much better here. Get ready to roll me off the plane people! I'm going to be a whale after all this deliciousness. Sorry Hershey's... you kind of aren't that good. No offense, I mean I know you're working really hard to be chocolate but you're just not quite there...

~The cars are definitely smaller. I honestly can't remember the last time I saw a pick up truck. Well, actually it was probably the last time I was in America. 

~Europe is probably prettier than the US. Am I a traitor for saying that?? Well, I don't care, it's true. The English countryside has stolen my heart. Will I ever come back..? We shall see :)




3 comments:

  1. Also, I've noticed there is an international fee from your account every time you buy something. After the whole government shutdown thing, Europe is sounding pretty good right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Green jasmine tea benefits the mind as well, as it has other nutrients and herbs which are helpful to
    keep your mind sharp, as well as just a pinch of caffeine to keep you going throughout the day.

    decaf tea
    decaf green tea
    jasmine tea
    ceylon black tea
    jasmine green tea
    ayurvedic tea
    black tea
    flavored green tea
    japanese green tea
    english tea
    chinese green tea
    chinese white tea
    ceylon tea
    flowering tea

    ReplyDelete