10/7/13

I'M MOVING TO BATH

stonehenge 2
IMG_0758
stourhead 1
stourhead 2
bath 1
bath 2
bills 1
Bill's: the most adorable restaurant on planet earthbath 5bath 3
bath 7bath 6
bath 8
Our hostel that we stayed in. Like how cute is that?
So can I just tell you how great this weekend was?? I'm sure by the looks of the above pictures, you can probably tell.... 

Friday morning, bright and early (I'm talking 6:45 kind of early..yuck) we got on a bus and headed to Stonehenge. It was sooo cool! I'm telling you, those rocks were put there by aliens. I'm convinced. The site is under archeological excavation right now so you can't go up to the rocks and touch them (sigh) but we did get to marvel at them from a short distance and that was almost just as good!

Next we headed to Stourhead where scenes from the most recent Pride and Prejudice are filmed. Yeah, you know that scene where Elizabeth runs through the rain and Mr. Darcy professes his love to her?? Yeah that's the part I'm talking about. That little temple tucked back there in the trees is where it takes place. So as if all of us girls weren't already dying about the fact that we were there, enjoying the beauty (cause guys that place is sooo beautiful) it started pouring rain! It was like we were living the movie!! It was just a dream. 

So, as if I the weekend couldn't get any better, we went to Bath. I could go on for dayyysss about Bath. As if you can't tell by the title of this post... I pretty much am in LOVE with the place. The city is SOO charming. From the multi-colored doors for all the apartments, to streets named Darlington... it is seriously just so cute!! Oh, and not to mention I went to the most AMAZING restaurant. Bill's was it's name. And it was the cutest CUTEST restaurant I'd ever been to. I'm obsessed with it. I'm trying to figure out a way that I can pack that whole place in my suitcase and take it home. Huh.. oh man.. If you take everything I love and my entire personal style, then add it all up, it would basically come out looking like Bath. Which is why I just loved it so much! Even our hostel was charming! It was down this cute little country road and looked like an old house (it's pictured there above). Besides melting over it's amazingness, we did tour a bit. We went to the Roman Baths (duh, how can you not) and also to the Bath Fashion Museum, which I loved because, ya know, I'm just obsessed with fashion. We also made a stop at the Jane Austen memorial, since Jane lived there for a short period of time. And then, of course, we shopped until we couldn't shop anymore. 

We were only in Bath for one and a half days and man, I wish I could've stayed longer. It was such a beautiful weekend and I'm already making plans for when I can go back and visit that little city! London is only 3 hours away... I think I'll come up with some way...

5 comments:

  1. Kate I love you. And im so incredibly happy for you! You're beautiful! aaand these pics are making me jealous! Have fun woman

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't move to Bath. I'll miss you. I can't wait to see more pictures. Did you get the camera lens yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love seeing how others view my city! I live just 20 minutes from Bath, headed in to town tomorrow night to the Boots event. You have to tell me where Bills is?! Tweet me! @ohsorosie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete