5/1/14

GOOD READS

fios (4 of 5) fios (1 of 5) fios (3 of 5) fios (2 of 5) fios (5 of 5) The Fault in our Stars by John Green. This book changed my life. I read it last summer and since then I've been dying to read it again. The second it was over I wanted to start from the beginning all over again, it was just that good! Have you ever read a book like that? Where you just put it down and are like, "Holy crap life is never going to be the same!" Yup. This book seriously has it all. It's equal parts hilariousness and sadness and holds such a dark humor that I absolutely love.

The story is about two teenagers, who have cancer, who meet at their cancer support group. And you know, of course they fall in love. But it's more than just a love story. For me it taught me how to look at life. Not all of us are going to have cancer but we all are going to have those things that weigh us down in life and make us scared to love other people...and to let other people love us. It's about taking chances and living life and accomplishing things you've always wanted to do. 

Those quotes above are just three out of my millions of favorite quotes from this book. Seriously, this book is just FULL of inspiration it's almost too much to handle. I think that's why I love reading so much. Because you see your own life in the words on a page. Reading makes you feel a little less alone, because hey look! Someone wrote down exactly the thoughts and feelings inside you! Someone else feels that too! It allows you to see your own story pan out before you in a way that you hadn't been able to before. After reading this book, although it's a story that is so unlike my own, I felt like my life made a little more sense.

They're making this book into a movie that comes out in June, and I'm equal parts excited and scared. 'Cause if they ruin this book I will be pretty peeved...just saying. No pressure or anything guys... I just hope they can compute the feelings and humor and sadness of this book in the way I felt it when I read it.

If you haven't read this book, do yourself a favor and read it now!

8 comments:

  1. Wow, I will definitely check out this book. Sounds great! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been waiting for it at the library foreeeever. Maybe I just need to buy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read this book in December and loved it! John Green captured being a teenager and falling in love so beautifully. I've never thought about it the way you have though, about being afraid to love, of anything holding us back. Such an inspiring take on the novel :) Have you seen the ads for the movie yet? I cried. More than once...xx

    The What's In Between

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kate,

    I just finished this book for the first time and I swear, every page my breath was taken away. It was so moving, and as a cancer survivor myself, it touched me on a different level.

    Gus and Hazel Grace (I can't just say Hazel) are amazing. Their whit, humor and love is so real. And I feel that is so hard to come by in books these days. It's normally, girl and boy toy with each other, g&b sleep together and then they realize they love each other. I just loved the way john green had his characters fall in love. So real, so raw and so innocent.

    That quote "I fell in love with him the way you fall asleep; slowly and then all at once" touched and inspired me. It was just simply beautiful. I could have pages and pages of favorite quotes from that book. And I hope you will take a minute to check out my blog www.lovealexandria.com as I just did a "Sunday edit" on this book.

    Thanks for spreading the word about this inspiring love story.
    love,
    alexandria

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book is definitely on my to-read list. I'm just finishing up the Divergent series first. It's queued up on my iPad :)

    If you're into beautifully inspiring books, check out Tuesdays With Morrie. I read it a few summers ago and am thinking about reading it again. After The Fault In Our Stars, of course :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kat,

      That's funny because I wanted to finish The Fault in Our Stars before I started Divergent which I am almost done reading! I am LOVING It so far! I heard the series just keeps getting better. I would like to also check out Tuesdays with Morrie. It just sounds like a wonderful book :)

      love,
      Alexandria
      www.lovealexandria.com

      Delete
  6. I've heard that book is great, might have to check it out when I finish the stack on my bedside table!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just found your blog and its super cute! Just followed :)

    http://breakfastatvogue111.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete