2/23/15

BE BONA FIDE

Happy Monday friends! I hope you all had a lovely weekend. I spent mine seeing movies and watching the Oscars. My family has an awesome Oscar party every year with tons of food (holla at chocolate fondue, you my boothang foreva) (<---I've also been watching Orange is the New Black and think I'm a ghetto prison chick now, who am I). Of course my cute mom always has everyone fill out a ballot with their predictions and this year I was a the winner, guessing four out of the five biggies right. Guys I never win I was STOKED.
lets get real (5 of 5) So social media... I think it is both the funnest and most stressful thing. I feel like lately so many of us are feeling the pressure of living up to what we see all of our friends posting online. Seeing everyone's posts about the awesome time people are having traveling, being in love, looking perfectly cute always....so often makes me feel like my Netflix-watching, sweats-wearing life is so less than. And I KNOW I am not alone in feeling this way. 

The funny thing is I've had so many people tell me, "Oh my goodness I love all of your Instagram posts, you always just look so cute and are going on such fun adventures all the time!" This is usually followed with me awkwardly laughing, thanking them and then feeling like the biggest fraud in the entire world. Most days I don't do my hair... I wear workout clothes and don't shower for several days in a row....which is the farthest thing from cute. I watch wayyy WAYYY too much Netflix and my days are spent at work slaving away just like most people. 

Social media causes us to forget that everyone is struggling just like we are. We see everyone's awesome side but we don't see anyone's not-so-awesome side. I mean we all have SO many talents and are good at so many things. And we shouldn't stop sharing them either. I love being creative and taking pictures and yes, I care about my style and love going on fun adventures when I can. BUT I also am not so good at things too. I suck at waking up at the morning. I drink way too much caffeine and I am overly dramatic about lots of situations. I get emotional and cry about something dumb at least twice a week and sometimes I feel like I can't do anything right. It's important to remember we are all REAL people. 

Be Bona Fide, a super cool new company, is working to promote this realness online. They want us all to remember that you are just as awesome as everyone else and just as real too. They made that super cute shirt that I'm wearing up there and have so many other cool patterns as well. Check them out and show them a little love! Perfection isn't fun or interesting, so let's join their efforts and be a little more bona fide.

No comments:

Post a Comment