8/6/14

I KNOW THE HEART OF LIFE IS GOOD

hebgenedits (41 of 50)
So today started off horribly. Ugh. You know it was just one of those days where everything was just not going my way.

To start off, I woke up to a text telling me that the house my friend and I were planning to rent this fall was no longer available. It was supposed to be a sure thing and suddenly it was just gone! WHAT?? Guys, it was the PERFECT house. Perfect location, perfect roommates, perfect price. And it was incredibly adorable. The disappointment was real.

Then… on my way to work, I realized that in my fluster in getting ready in the early morning I’d somehow managed to wear my black bra with the sheerest of white shirts…. Guys I looked like a ho. There was no time to turn back and change, I was already late to work. I swear people, sometimes my life is just one big awkward moment.

Finally, at work I had a meeting with my boss to go over plans for the future. I’d had my life all mapped out for this coming semester and after the meeting I wasn’t sure what to do. I have three job opportunities for the fall and I thought I’d made up my mind on which ones I was going to take. But after the meeting I suddenly was panicked, not sure if I’d made the right choice. EVEYTHING WAS FALLING APART. STRESS CENTRAL. HELP. This day was just throwing me for a loop! I swear, every time I feel like I have everything figured out, I realize I absolutely don’t.

So, I left work to go grab some food, cause food makes everything better (lol). As I sat at the longest stop light everrrr, I was feeling pretty sorry for myself. All of a sudden, out of nowhere, I was hit with the most overwhelming feeling of how blessed I am. I suddenly thought about the many people in my life that I love and that love me and I was overwhelmed with how I grateful I was for them. And geez… really?? Am I really complaining about having TOO many awesome opportunities? People would KILL to have TOO many opportunities, there are so many who don’t have enough. It was the most beautiful, simple of moments.  I swear, just like that, my day was turned around. I just knew, that everything would work out okay, even though it wasn’t clear how. I was overcome with emotions of gratitude and joy. I said a quick prayer of thanks to my Heavenly Father for this tender mercy, and drove on.

Life is never as bad as we think guys. There is a bright side to every situation.

6 comments:

  1. loved that post. I feel the same way too much. But it is so good to remember yourself how richly blessed you truly are. This is one of the reasons why I tattooed the word "blessed" on my arm. Just a beautiful reminder :) loved reading it.
    www.welcome-to-my-little-corner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that! It's good to always have that reminder.
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. A great reminder! And I always say to myself, "The bad won't last forever." - sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's true it definitely won't. I needed that reminder badly yesterday, it was good it came when it did.
      xoxo

      Delete