7/8/14

LET THE LIGHT IN PEOPLE

sparklers (10 of 12) sparklers (8 of 12) sparklers (11 of 12) sparklers (12 of 12)
On the Fourth of July, this is how my family and I celebrated. And dude, aren't sparkler pictures fun? It's pretty hard to take a picture of a sparkler and it not be pretty, but still, I'm pretty proud of how these babies turned out! Anways...On a completely different note...

I've just been thinking so much lately. Like I just feel like I have so many thoughts floating around in my head and I just don't know how to get them out. It's like my brain is full of all these sentence fragments and incomplete thoughts and I'm struggling to put them together...does that ever happen to you?? It's weird haha. So this blog has sort of turned into my brain litter/a bunch of word vomit that doesn't really make sense. Bear with me people :)

One of the the common things going through my head though is trials. What they mean, how to handle them, all that jazz. It's so easy to get lost in our hardships sometimes isn't it?? Even if they're just little, insignificant ones. And especially if they're big ones. 

For me, often times the hardest part is deciding how to deal with them, because trials can be dealt with in so many different ways, you know. Every moment in our lives is a decision and sometimes it overwhelms me...how will I know if I'm choosing the right solution? How am I supposed to know how to handle this situation so it has the best possible outcome?? It's so hard to know sometimes...and that is why we are surrounded by so many people who are here to help us.

Someone said to me recently that she feels like sometimes she has gone through hard things because later down the line she's met someone who needed help with that same thing. Since she'd been through it, she was able to know how to help them out more effectively. How cool is that to think about? That our trials could be the ticket to allow us to love others better and help people out a little bit easier. And how cool is it to think that there is someone out there that has gone through something just for you. We are all connected guys, it's awesome. God loves us, the end (not really the end there's more lol). 

Because of this, we must remember that we are not meant to handle trials alone. Of course we have Christ to turn to in times of hardship, but we must remember that more often than not, Christ works through the other people. It is our job to let others in so He can help us. So often I will be working hard to solve a problem on my own that I start to feel like I'm drowning in it. The blackness of the situation just takes over me. I will be hesitant to reach out to others for help because I don't want to bring the darkness into their lives too. But in reality, bringing out the darkness and showing it to another human being saying, "help me!" allows for them to bring in the light. Keeping dark things tucked away for too long only allows them to remain in blackness people, remember that (there's a fun little analogy for you). 

Every time I have turned to good friends or loved ones with my struggles, things always feel at least 7x better afterwards.This world, although often times seems cruel, is one filled with love. There is love in everything. Trust me, if you look for it you'll find it. So don't be afraid to let others help you and love you. The end (yes, it's really the end, you can get on with your life now).

No comments:

Post a Comment