12/6/13

CZECH IT OUT

prague 9
prague 24
prague 2
prague 10
prague 13
prague 28
prague 6
prague 5
prague 14
prague 4
prague 18
prague 17
prague 19
prague 20
prague 30
prague 3
Oh Prague… where to even begin?? Prague is such a beautiful city. Holy cow. So, Sarah, Hannah, Kensington, and I arrived in Prague on Monday morning after a super early 7am flight. We took the bus then the train to our hotel where we crashed for a bit. 3:30am wake up calls don't work well for me, fyi. 

After we'd rested up we headed out to tour the city. Our hotel was SUPER conveniently located just a 3 minute walk from the Old Town Square. Score. First stop in the square was the old astronomical clock that everyone told us we had to go to. It was a little talked up for what it actually was but considering it's like a 700 year old clock that still works and has crazy moving parts, it's pretty cool. After the clock we did a free tour that was offered just so we could get our bearings of the city and get a feel for what there was to do. On our tour we went to this church that had an arm that had been chopped off hanging from the ceiling. That darkish picture up there with the ambiguous thing hanging from a chain? Yeah apparently that's an arm. I don't know guys. Just I don't know. There is some legend behind it about some guy who was trying to steal gold off of a Virgin Mary statue or something and the statue came to life and grabbed his arm and wouldn't let go and so they had to cut it off... Like cool story Prague but mostly you're just really creepy.

The rest of our days were spent touring the castle, flirting with castle guards (they did not flirt back…rejected), dancing in front of the Dancing House, writing on the Lennon Wall and admiring the love locked onto the Love Lock Bridge, eating Trdleniks (which are basically delicious dough coated in cinnamon sugar), exploring the gorgeous Klemintinum Library and Astronomical Tower that they would not let me take pictures of (rude), and being confused about where we were because hold up… is that the Eiffel Tower…? (No, that is not the Eiffel Tower).

The night of Thanksgiving we all thought it would be fun to do a dinner-on-a-boat cruise thing where there was an all you can eat buffet while you floated down the Vitava River. The food was alright, but hey, there was a lot of it and there were french fries, so we Americans were super happy. It was a strange Thanksgiving being away from my family, but I love the fact that these three girls could be my family this year. I sure do love them. 

Friday evening we headed back to London, feeling very fulfilled about our week away. And also feeling very accomplished that we'd planned and executed this entire trip all on our own with out any problems. Go us! I think I'm a real grown up now guys. Prague was just beautiful and I hope I'll have the opportunity to go back someday!

P.S. I did not where the same outfit everyday! Ha, just the same coat and scarf and also that orange hat a couple times… It was pretty dang freezing so had to bundle up!


4 comments:

  1. So fun Kate! Lovely pictures. Can't wait to see you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Prague. Those cinnamon things? Dang gina. And oh my, your commentary on the arm thing was so funny. I feel like a lot of things in Europe are that way. Cool, but like, really weird too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kate, your pictures are gorgeous! I can't believe I'm just now finding your blog, but I love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like such an awesome trip! My sister has been to prague and says its one of her favorite cities (she's been to like...every country in central/western Europe, lol). Love all these photos, especially of that neat building that looks like its about to fall over. So cool!
    www.thisanalogadventure.com

    ReplyDelete