11/22/13

SATURDAY BOOK MARKETS AND OTHER FUN THINGS

big ben
book 9
book 1
book 2
reedit 1

book 4
book 5
book 6
carnaby
This past Saturday my friends Kenzi, Sarah, and I headed over to this book market we had heard about that is under Waterloo Bridge here in London. And since all three of us are lovers of books, we had to make a trip over (or under) the bridge to check it out. It was so amazing you guys. Just rows and rows of books as far as the eye could see. I was in heaven. We wandered around the the tables forever, scouring over the many titles. I found an old printing of Shakespeare's First Folios that I just had to buy. I also found some cool old maps that I'm thinking of doing something artsy with when I get home. 

Right next the book market there was a super cool skate park as well as rows of little shops selling treats and trinkets. By this point we were freezing to the bone so we picked up some hot chocolate and watched the skaters for a bit. Some of those kids had some major skill, I was impressed. After the hot cocoa had warmed us up we wandered down through where there was a cute little carousel that was just so adorable. I couldn't resist snapping a picture of it.

So it get's dark over here around 4:30, which is just too early for the day to end, so after our book shopping we just weren't ready to head home! We decided to jump on the tube and take a trip over to Carnaby Street which is right off of Regent Street. It's just the cutest little shopping area. We spent our time wandering in and out of stores for a bit. We didn't splurge on anything this time but I had my eyes on a few pairs of shoes that I'm thinking about going back to check out. We finished the night off by going into Anthropologie and the new J.Crew store they just opened here, which is beautiful. We died over all the perfect things we could not afford (it's much more expensive here than back in the states because of the stupid exchange rate). I'll be waiting to shop at those stores until I'm home, thank-you! 

It was just a wonderful, whimsical Saturday.

2 comments: