9/4/13

PEACE OUT, AMERICA

kate32
A little photoshoot my sister Sara and I did a couple days ago. She's brilliant. 

In about 12 hours I will be boarding a plane and be off on my adventures in the U.K for 3 months. I'll be living in London but traveling around to other parts of England with a few excursions as well to Scotland, Italy, and France. And let me tell you people, I'm pretty darn stoked about it. I've known about this trip for about 9 months and man, it's been a long time coming!! I mean of course I had to save money and stuff but I was ready for this ages ago. But, strangely enough, now that it's finally here, it doesn't feel like real life! Me?? Living and going to school in Europe for 3 months?? I never do anything exciting so this is kind of a big deal guys.

For all those wondering I will be going to school through BYU. They have this awesome program where you travel with a group of students and two BYU professors so you're all kind of a little family who sticks together the whole trip. While for some people this might not seem like an "authentic" study abroad experience because I won't be actually going to a British school (I had someone tell me that he thought it was pretty lame because of exactly this reason) this program is pretty much perfect for me and was exactly what I was looking for. For anyone who wants more information about it, you can find it here.

vsco edit
Hat: Target Sandals: Target Leggings: Nordstrom T-shirt: UO Jacket: AE Outfitters

Packing has been crazy. How does one pack everything they need for 3 months in tiny suitcases?? Being a compulsive over-packer is really not helping. Also being obsessed with all of my clothes is really REALLY not helping. I love my clothes way to much guys, it's kind of a problem. Anyways, I digress.

So, for the next 3 months I'll be posting all my adventures here on this little blog. I hope to post as much as possible, hopefully at least once a week! The next two weeks will be a bit spotty on the posting as we'll be traveling around Italy and France and I'm not sure how often I'll have WiFi, but hey, we shall see how things go. Love you all, and see you in December!

P.S. If you'd like me to send you a postcard while I'm gone, shoot me an email and I'll be sure to do it for ya! (You can find my email address in the "connect" section on the sidebar). Also, make sure to follow me by clicking "Join this site" on the side bar as well!

xoxo






12 comments:

  1. Have the best of times!! We'll miss you!!

    Xoxo, Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read all about your adventures! And the fact that I'm European makes it even more interesting for me because I'm curious how someone who's not from Europe sees everything here. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are going to have to give me all the tips of the best places to go! So glad to have you along for the ride!

      Delete
  3. Have fun! I moved to Moscow recently and it's such an exciting time to be an expat. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Moscow! That's so cool! Thanks and let me know of any great places in Europe I need to visit while I'm here!

      Delete
  4. Welcome to Europe! You are going to have the most amazing time!

    I live in England and it is beautiful.....rolling hills, orchards, tea rooms, streams, the coast is only ever a couple of hours away, wherever you are! London is amazing! Such a great city.

    Not sure where you are traveling in England, but wherever you go you will notice that everything is smaller, the landscapes, the paths, the roads, the buildings. Enjoy this quaint-ness, it is quintessentially English!

    Have an amazing time, enjoy every moment, it will go so quickly!

    Em xx

    www.mardlemade.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be mostly in London but we will be doing weekend excursions all over the country. Send me tips of the best places to go!! I love to hear from locals where the best restaurants, shopping etc. are.

      Delete
  5. I have those shoes :D Good luck with your adventures!

    ♥ Brittney @ True Vintage Love
    www.truevintagelove.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got to love Target :) Thanks, and glad to have you along for the ride!

      Delete
  6. ah, how exciting! have a wonderful time! i love your denim jacket here!

    lindsey louise

    hellomrrabbitblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad to have you here along with me on my journey :)

      Delete