9/24/13

MY WEEK IN ITALY

IMG_0420
IMG_0412
italy 4
So yes, I know I haven’t posted in ages!! Slap me on the wrists, put me in the corner, etc. etc. I have a good excuse though guys! Goodness, things have been pretty crazy over here. As I said before in my last post I haven’t had my computer for 2 weeks while I was traveling abroad in Italy and France. Wifi was also pretty hard to come by seeing as that many of our hotel’s WiFi was horrible (or they didn’t even have WiFi....stupid). Currently I am (finally) back in London! With my computer and the rest of my luggage. I’ve never been so happy to see my clothes in my entire life!! Living for 2 weeks with just a tiny carry on was frustrating, but hey, I survived, I can do hard things, yada yada. Anyways, let me update everyone on what’s been going on in my life that past few weeks!

italy 3
italy 1
Cute gelato sign in Rome.
So the first stop on our European adventure was Rome! We hit all the major attractions: The Trevi Fountain, Pantheon, St. Peters Cathedral, Vatican, Coliseum, and a bunch of beautiful chapels. We also went to some pretty cool museums, like the Borghese, which I absolutely loved. The statues in there were so unbelievable you guys, let me tell you.  Seeing all of these famous monuments in person was so cool! The word of the trip so far has probably been ‘unreal’. No joke, everything here is so unreal beautiful it blows my mind.

duomo edit
Next we traveled to Florence to see the Duomo, tour the Uffizi museum and, of course, see the David. The Duomo is by far one of the prettiest, most amazing buildings I’ve ever seen. It took my breath away. The second we walked up to it everyone’s jaws just dropped. Unfortunately our group missed the David (sad face). There were some booking issues with the museum and we weren’t going to have time so we were given the option to do it in our own free time. The line was super long however and would’ve taken 2 or more hours so I didn’t have the time to do it myself. That was a bit of a let down but hey, I guess it just gives me an excuse to come back here one of these days! Most of us just explored the city, shopped a bit, ate good pasta and pizza and, of course TONS of, gelato. Now I can check ‘eat gelato in Italy’ off the bucket list! And let me tell you, it lives up to the name, every gelato I had was amazing!

italy 6
italy 7
Next we took a little day trip to Cinque Terra. You know, that little Pinterest city that looks like it’s from a storybook. And in person it looks just like the pictures! We did a hike from one city to the next and then had lunch. There I had the BEST pizza of my life: a cheese pizza with amazing pesto on top. I will definitely be trying to recreate that pizza at home because it was just that good.

italy 10
IMG_0481
IMG_0477

Our final stop in Italy was Venice, where we stayed for a couple days. That little city is so quaint and charming I couldn’t get enough. I feel like it’s not a real place. There we did a museum and saw some ancient art works including Da Vinci’s Vitruvian Man and a bunch of other smaller pictures and documents that he’d done. It was SO cool to see those in person and to think that Da Vinci actually handled these pieces of paper. It was crazy to think about. Other than that we mostly just toured around, ate pasta and pizza (again). I need to go back to Venice with my husband one day because, holy cow, that place is romantic! I didn’t take a gondola ride because I felt silly doing it with a bunch of girls… call me weird or whatever but that is way too romantic to do with friends. I’ve gotta do that with my hubby before anyone right? But, again, gives me another excuse to go back one day!

After Venice we hopped on a bus and headed to France! I will post about France tomorrow. But here is just quick little update about what I’ve been up to lately!

6 comments:

  1. So beautiful! Italy is so magical and you're pictures really capture that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, you are so sweet to say! You are so right, Italy truly is magical, it doesn't feel like a real place!

      Delete
  2. So cool. I hope I can go someday...maybe I can come with you and your future husband.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That one picture looks like you painted it! Looks so fun ... Falling over with jealousy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right?? Cinqure Terra basically looks like a painting in real life. Miss you Sar Bear!

      Delete