11/6/14

LET'S TALK ABOUT TAYLOR SWIFT

1989 (1 of 3) 1989 (3 of 3) 1989 (2 of 3)
So guys, I love Taylor Swift. Shamelessly. She is wonderful and relatable and I want to be here best friend. Just ask anyone in my family and they will tell you how embarrassingly obsessed I am with her. I'm one short step away from having a creepy fan/stalker account and commenting heartfelt monologues on her Instagram pictures. But you know, I try to keep most of the obsessions in my life on a somewhat sane level. I feel it's only healthy.  

So her new album came out just over a week ago (really? I don't think anyone knew) and I was a bit skeptical if I was going to like it. I love love love Fearless and Speak Now but wasn't a HUGE fan of Red #sorrynotsorry. I know I'm in the small percentage that didn't love it, but anyways moving on.

I've gotta say, after listening to 1989.... I love it. I think it's brilliantly written and just as relatable as all of her other albums. Kudos Taylor. Her decision to switch over to pop I think is a success honestly. And I'm feelin' like everyone agrees (I died at this parody). I mean really, she's pretty much been pop for a while now, we were all just waiting for her to make it official.

Although this album is much different than her other stuff, you listen and can still tell it's Taylor which is exactly what makes it so great! And guys, "Wildest Dreams" is just spot on. Pretty sure I went all white girl and couldn't even after I listened to it. 

Well T.Swift, I gotta say, you've done it again. xoxo 

No comments:

Post a Comment