1/12/14

THE PERFECT WINTER DRINK

tea time tea time 3 tea time 4 tea time 5 tea time 6
Ya know when it's positively freezing outside and you just need that certain something to warm your soul? Well here is the perfect remedy! Of course you know how much I love tea, so I'm a bit biased on this being the "perfect" winter drink, but hey, once you try it, I think you'll agree! You will need:

1 cup steamed milk (I used skim milk but you could use any milk you prefer)
1 chamomile tea bag
1 dollop of honey (as little or as much as you like, add to your tasting)
1 drop of vanilla (not too much it really needs hardly any)

Heat the milk on the stove, or with one of those fancy steamer wands if you're cool and have something like that. If not, a saucepan with a lid works just fine. Heat the milk, with the lid on, until its perfectly steamed but not burned (watch it carefully). It should take about 5-7 minutes. Pour the milk over the teabag, add the honey and vanilla, and stir. Let the tea bag steep for 3 minutes (or longer if you prefer a stronger flavor, like I do). Let cool and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. i'm usually always go for coffee. but lately, i drink tea too in the afternoon. i think i'll try this recipe

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks delicious! lucky me, I have all these ingredients... going to make this now!

    ReplyDelete