1/8/14

HUM DI DUM

blah 4 blah 2 IMG_1772 IMG_1771
Well. Life has been pretty quiet around here. I haven't been doing much of anything besides start a new semester of school and apply for job after job (with no luck yet). I was sick New Years Eve so I ended up staying home for the evening and watching wayyy too many episodes of New Girl. New Girl is my new favorite show by the way. Zooey Deschanel is my hero and I wanna be her best friend.

I feel like I've been in a bit of a rut since I've been home from London. Blah is the only word to describe it really (there's that word again, I told you I loved it). I've been trying to find that new thing to make me excited about life and just figure out where I'm going next, but I just feel like everything's at a stand still! It's been quite frustrating at times. 

Today though, I felt I gained a bit of new perspective. Today I realized that I just need to slow down  and breathe. It was a terribly snowy day so I was forced to move at a slow pace anyways and I decided to just go with it. And it made me realize that it's okay to not know where I'm going right now. Maybe I'll revel in the unknown a bit. And if you know me, not having a plan is probably my least favorite thing ever. But, I just have to say to myself that it will all be alright and I will figure everything out! Even if it doesn't seem like it right now. 

I haven't completely thrown caution to the wind though, there's still a bit of my plan-making-self in there! So, I made a few resolutions for the New Year (just like everyone else lol). Here are mine:
1. Get back into the habit of journaling on a weekly basis.
2. Make temple-going a weekly thing as well.
3. Be kinder to the one's I love. 
4. Better my photography and learn the art of videography.

What are your resolutions? I'd love if you shared! xoxo


2 comments:

  1. I went to Guatemala a few years ago to visit family and I felt the same way when i came back. Maybe its a traveling thing? I love new girl, Nick cracks me up so bad haha
    Got to love mother nature :)
    -Diana
    Yeesdear Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely think it's a travel thing. I'm already thinking of where I can go next! But seriously I love Nick. I'm glad there's someone else in this world that understands me!
      xoxo

      Delete