1/21/14

A GOOD LONG WEEKEND

weekend 2 weekend 1 Screen Shot 2014-01-21 at 4.52.18 PMIMG_1833 IMG_1837 weekend 9 weekend 8
 We went to an event at the Air BnB and man, that place is adorable. How charming right? U+21A1.svg
weekend 4 weekend 7
I love long weekends. But let's be real, who doesn't? My younger sister was traveling to Canada to visit  a good friend and I was feeling like I needed to travel somewhere too! While Provo, Utah is not as exciting as Vancouver, I did have a delightfully fun weekend. Friday evening, my friends Shannon and Hannah drove down to Provo to meet up with my friend Eliza for the first concert in the 8th Anniversary Concert Series at the Velour. We came to see one of our favorite local bands, The National Parks. They were absolutely amazing live! I discovered them a few weeks ago and I cannot stop listening to them.

Saturday we slept in and took our sweet time getting ready, then headed up  to Park City to meet some pals at the Olympic Grand Prix Skiing Half-Pipe event. Let's just say I didn't wear appropriate shoes to hike up a snowy mountain and so was having some technical difficulties. Haha I had to be dragged up the hill because I couldn't stop slipping. Not one of my shining moments of gracefulness haha.

After a quick detour in Salt Lake on Sunday for some family stuff, we continued our mini-vacation by heading back up to Park City on Monday for the Sundance Film Festival. We wandered up and down main street, stopping in at events and keeping our eyes peeled for celebrities. We did end up seeing a few: Selena Gomez, David Cross (check out that creeper pic), Amber Tamblyn, the dad from High School Musical (lol), and Bon Jovi's bass guitarist (no I did not previously know that information, our waiter at Flanagan's conveniently told us he was sitting at the table next to us).

Shannon had a good friend who is a driver up at the festival this week and had some downtime to give us rides around. He was driving a big ol' black Yukon with tinted windows so….we had a brilliant idea. Why not spend the day making people think we were famous? So, this is how it would go: he would park on the side of the road and get people all excited, wondering who he was about to pick up. People would run over to his car and try to get him to tell them who he was waiting for. He would say it was confidential but, yes, they were definitely "famous". We'd wait a few minutes and then we'd walk down the street in our sunglasses and nonchalantly get in the car. Cue the screaming, "Oh my gosh! Who is that?? Who is that??!!", guys running over to try to take pictures through the window. Haha oh man it was thoroughly entertaining.

Well, now to wait for the next long weekend... What did you do for yours?

Here is another tune by The National Parks, because they're just too good. Enjoy! xoxo




1 comment:

  1. Yes!! Best weekend. So glad I could join. Oh and by the way... Amanda texted me later and said that when we got in the car, everyone around her thought we were celebrities, and were asking what movie we were in and stuff. Mission accomplished. ✓

    ReplyDelete